We are finalizing the press release for the 2023 Herb Kohl Educational Foundation Recipients. The announcement will be made by April 7, 2023.
Religious & Independent School Students
Fourteen different Wisconsin private high schools are selected each year to award an Initiative Scholarship to one of their students. The intent of the Initiative Scholarship is to recognize Wisconsin students who are putting forth extraordinary effort to do their best in the classroom, have overcome personal obstacles or other adversity, and whose class rank is likely to make them ineligible for academic scholarships. Selected Initiative Scholars should be students who:
1. are unlikely to be eligible for other academic-based scholarships;
2. have overcome personal obstacles or other adversity;
3. have achieved an academic record that represents their maximum effort;
4. show strong promise for succeeding in a postsecondary environment as evidenced by a well-rounded, solid secondary school performance;
5. display other outstanding qualities, demonstrate a high level of motivation to achieve; and
6. are residents of Wisconsin.
Eligibility & Selection ProcessLearn More
Current Recipient SchoolsLearn More
Selection FormLearn More